Director of Operations / 總經理
- Derek received his bachelor’s degree in hotel administration from Cornell University
- Between academic semesters at Cornell, 他與實習羅森酒店及度假村
- 德里克在羅森酒店及度假村集團的號角布納維斯塔湖總經理助理，開始了他的職業生涯，並晉升為羅森酒店總經理, 最接近通用, 在 24 years of age
- 在升任運營總監羅森酒店及度假村集團在之前曾擔任羅森酒店在足尖奧蘭多和羅森Plaza®總經理助理總經理 1998
At Rosen Hotel & Resorts®
- Derek manages and monitors quality assurance and CRM using guest response programs and mystery shopper evaluations
- Derek co-chairs the Service Advisory Council and meets monthly at each hotel with its Golden Pillars Nominees and Executive Team
- He assists in the development and implementation of Rosen Hotels Management Training Program
- He has assisted in the transition from franchise brands to independents and was instrumental in the marketing developments of our company’s brand and logo
Derek volunteers his time to community organizations such as Junior Achievement, YMCA, OCPS, and Special Olympics. "I'm passionate about teaching and competitive athletics," says Derek.
What Others Say:
“As a Cornell intern he was energetic; as a mid-level manager he was dedicated; as a general manager his problem solving skills were unsurpassed. Now as our Director of Operations his experience and style make him a great mentor, motivator, and role model for all.”
金佰利Jonni, Human Resource Director
“Derek Baum’s influence on my professional performance has been dramatic. 在 2003, I came to the company with no hotel industry experience. 另外, Rosen Hotels & Resorts® had never owned or operated a golf course. From my first day on the job, Derek embraced the role of being my mentor and carefully blended my skills with the company values to create a golf experience that we are proud of, and more importantly, an experience our guests appreciate. For his guidance, I will be forever grateful."
Dave Scott, Director of Golf at Shingle Creek Golf Club