About Us: Health & Wellness
A Healthy Lifestyle for All
Harris Rosen, our COO and president, not only believes in a healthy lifestyle—he lives it. Every day he swims two miles at our local aquatic center and eats a strict yet healthy diet. His fastidious care for his health encourages Rosen Hotels & Resorts® associates to live healthier lives. As a company, we work together to reach this goal. We offer our associates numerous wellness programs, which include:
- An onsite medical center for associates and their families to see primary care physicians and practitioners for annual exams, general health visits, podiatry services, basic laboratory work, nutrition program services, chiropractic services, and physical therapy
- Wellness incentive programs that reward associates points for participation, which later are redeemed for gift cards, gym equipment, and other gifts
- WW program with weekly wellness workshops paid for by Rosen Hotels & Resorts® for full time associates
- Each month a special wellness activity is organized for a day or throughout the month, such as Heart Healthy Month in February, National Walking Day in April, and National Employee Health and Fitness Day in May
- A weekly e-publication, Wellness Wednesday, that includes a fitness tip, a healthy recipe, and an exercise video
- Community walks and runs to benefit charitable organizations
- Free weekly fitness classes, such as Zumba®, Tai Chi, yoga, circuit training, and cycling, for our associates as well as dependents who are covered by our health plan
For more information about our Wellness Programs, contact us at Wellness@RosenHotels.com.
Healthy and Happy Go Hand in Hand
Rosen Hotels & Resorts® believes improved health helps improve productivity and guest service. Our goal is to keep our associates healthy and out of the doctors’ offices so we can focus on providing a positive experience for our guests. Since building our onsite fitness facility, which is free for use to those associates who are on the health plan, our associates have become more active and proactive of their health care. We also provide healthy food options and selections at food and beverage outlets, as well as at properties that have a cafeteria. Even our vending machines are stocked with healthy food alternatives.
At company-sponsored meetings and functions, carefully crafted menus feature nutritional and tasty meals considerate of healthy nutrition and various dietary restrictions. All menus at company events must be approved by the Rosen Medical Center.
We use many tools to promote our wellness programs, the most effective being our communication strategy. From translating flyers to Spanish and French Creole, to our wellness policy, the wellness message is communicated throughout the company in everything we do. Department managers are pivotal in promoting our wellness programs as they share information daily to associates.